As of March 17, 2020, all Contra Costa County residents are under a shelter in place order.
In light of this change (and the seemingly never ending changes happening daily), I have reached out to teachers, educators, and our wider community to compile a list of different online resources, strategies, and ideas for keeping your K-12 students minds academically sharp. As well as other relevant information to ensure our K-12 students have the resources they need.
Antioch Unified School District
- AUSD has several textbook subscriptions and other amazing Online Learning Resources that are free to AUSD families.
- “Grab and Go” meals at Marsh Elementary and Deer Valley High School from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Corona Virus Talking Points
- “How to Talk to Your Kids About Corona”
- “Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus”
- Making Sense of Coronavirus Through Media and Storytelling | Student Reporting Labs
Other Educational Resources
- New COVID-19 Guidance for K-12 Schools
- Ongoing massive list of education companies offering free subscriptions
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more
- Resources for Teaching and Learning During this Period of Social Distancing
- 18 At-Home Ideas To Keep Kids Busy (And Adults Sane) During Coronavirus
- 10 documentaries to watch with kids
- 12 Virtual Museums
- Movement and Mindfulness by GoNoodle
- ABC Mouse – offering free membership! Code: SCHOOL7771
- Google Arts and Culture
- Internet Archive
- College Planning Webinars
- Every Day Edits Activities
- Contra Costa County Audio Books – a great way to get your student reading is to have them read along while an audio book plays!